Women in Technology
At our last meeting on June 11th, 2014, we discussed how to use Tablets and other mobile devices for presentations.
Stateline Women in Technology
June 11th Meeting Minutes: Using Tablets for Business & Education.
|Present:||Marsha Ackerman, Tara Cook, Sylvia Emerson, Diann Jabusch, Tina Leinbaugh, Glenda McCarty, Cathy Niliaram, Denise Popp, Stephanie Wascher|
|Next meeting:||September 10, 2014, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Rock Valley College WTC141/142|
June 19th, 2014. Rockford Chamber Women in Business Expo and Luncheon at Cliffbreakers from 10 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. For more information, follow this link.
June 25th, 2014. Entre is holding an Educational Luncheon from 11:30 am – 1 pm at Forest Hill’s Country Club. They will be discussing Cisco Network Switching, Cisco ASA Security, and Meraki Product Information. It’s free to attend and included lunch, just Register Here.
Demonstration of a few iPad apps created by students. Click here to read about the iOS apps students have created. One of my favorites is the Tap Tuning app created this spring. Rock Valley is offering an iOS development class (CIS280) and an Android app development (CIS245) class this fall.
Demonstration of using Air Server (installed on PC) to display iPad/iPod/iPhone screen on the PC. Then Stephanie used the Explain Everything app to show how you can use this for presentations. Here is a link on how to use it for Podcasting.
Member’s favorite or most beneficial apps:
- Explain Everything – Record podcasts of PDF, Powerpoint, Keynote, images, drawings, etc. and share via YouTube, Google drive, Photos.
- Duolingo – Free app to learn new languages. Here’s the list of languages.
- Flipboard – Place to find, collect and share the news you like.
- Pulse – A news app similar to Flipboard.
- ScanBizCard – Here’s link to reviews on business card scanning apps.
- Wink – An app for connecting, controlling, and interacting with smart home products by GE. iOS and Android
- Airwatch – for enterprise level mobile security. Video Demo
- Concur – Business and travel expense app.
- Overdrive – Borrow eBooks and audiobooks with your Rockford Public Libaray card.
- iOS/Android app reviews link
At our next Stateline Women in Technology meeting, we will be providing resume advice and mini mock interviews. Employers: Bring a list of your favorite interview questions. Students: Bring your resume. We will provide pizza for lunch for those that RSVP at the link below.